Thursday 19 May 2011

New Quilt....New Design!


qSo another friend has had another baby. Which is wonderful...there are sooo many about...
So I rustled up another little quilt...for cot/buggy/play-mat...
I was inspired by this quilt from The Sometimes Crafter...It looked simple, yet effective...And it was...
It took me a while to plan it...and work out how many squares I needed...but I chose blue/green/yellow based fabrics plus a few white ones...I wanted to keep it light and modern...
I cut out 5 3x3" squares from each fabric, and then laid them out, then I sewed each row, then each row together, then ironed flat, quilted using a random wiggly pattern and then bound with white bias binding.

I sewed my friends baby's name and date of birth in the corner, using my walking foot...I do LOVE that little walking foot!!!
The backing fabric was one I got from America...Simple multicoloured dots. And there you go...A new quilt!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment