Thursday 19 May 2011

Bloggers Quilt Festival!!!


I blogged about this festival last year and loved it, so thought I would again do a BQF post!!!

Amy's Creative Side

This is the quilt I made for my best friend's baby girl, who at the time hadn't been born. I gave it to her at the baby shower, so whilst they were pretty sure they were having a pink baby, we weren't 100%!!!




I chose a new design for this quilt, for some reason I like quilts with bright colours and plain white, I think it makes them look a bit more modern and fresh...I chose my favorite fabrics and cut square, then halved them on the diagonal, and then resewed with 1/2 a white sqaure. This IS time consuming, but I LOVE the effect once it is pieced. So simple but so bold!!! I was really pleased with the quilt top, how it came together, how the joins are pretty spot-on...the back took me AGES to choose for some reason I just couldn't settle on the right colour, but I love this choice, even now. I knew baby E's mummy wouldn't be a pinky-pinky mummy, and she isn't, so I am happy that it fits them and their style!!!

Here it is all bundled up and ready to be given (a little pink bow, well a girl has to have some pink hey?), and here is baby E herself...even her Thank You cards were printed with a photo of her on her quilt and when they moved house, everyone who came round commented on it apparently!!! :-D And so here she is, Baby E and her quilt...she is a delightful baby, who I do love, (perhaps a little too much!!!)...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt Ruthie. I also like the contrast of bright colours against white.
    There are easier ways to make half square triangles. You can see some of the process from my post here
    http://piecesofcontentment.blogspot.com/2011/01/quilt-ideas.html
    You could google search for clearer tutorials too.
    Like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting really pops nicely,gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely! I love the colors, so bright and pretty! : ) And the baby seems to like it as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! Love the colors and the quilting lines. = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and you are so right about the fresh modern feel. The quilt model is adorable.

    ReplyDelete